The Creston Neighborhood
A SNAPSHOT OF CRESTON:
Grand Rapids’ largest neighborhood
Excellent schools, parks, & trails
5 minutes from Downtown
Murals galore thanks to several public space activation projects
Has been ranked “the hottest zipcode in America” by Realtor.com
Home of the growing Cheshire Business District & Creston Business District districts
A warm community of caring neighbors & a dedicated neighborhood association
A great place to live, work, and shop!
- A great place to live!
- It’s the hottest zip code in America according to Realtor.com
- Creston has active resident-led committees & groups
- View demographic data: Community Research Institute
- Neighborhood Schools
- GRPS & Northview Elementary & Montessori schools, Riverside Middle School, the 6th grade Center for Economicology, and 7-12 City High Middle School
- City High Middle School is ranked in the top 5% of all Michigan schools on combined measures of student achievement and growth over time. It has been ranked among the top high schools in America by U.S. News & World Report for four consecutive years. City is also ranked as the top high school in the county by the Mackinac Center.
- 5 minutes ( 3 miles) from downtown Grand Rapids
- Bike Lanes connect Creston to surrounding neighborhoods including downtown and Rockford
- The trails in Riverside Park connect to the White Pine Trail
- Sidewalks on most streets
- Public transportation. The Rapid‘s route 11 and 13 go through Creston. The DASH picks up just south of the Creston boundary.
- Creston has easy access to freeways US-131, I-96 and I-196.
- Parks & Trails
- Briggs Park with tennis courts and playground
- Briggs Park Community Pool
- Riverside Park, the largest park in Grand Rapids!
- Huff Park with beautiful boardwalk and new playground
- Aberdeen Park with tennis courts, playground, and splashpad
- North Park
- Sweet Street Pocket Park
- Kent Hills Park
- Accessible to White Pine Trail
- Charming Local Businesses
- Creston surrounds the growing North Quarter
- Several local restaurants including Creston Brewery, Reservoir Lounge, Lucy’s Cafe, River North Public House, Graydon’s Crossing, Cheshire Kitchen, Choo Choo Grill, Fat Boy, and Frosty Boy.
- A wonderful mix of small, local businesses of all sorts including: Art galleries, local grocer, banks and credit unions, pharmacy, yoga, massage, bike shops, barber shops, and more!
- Urban farming: New City Neighbors, several community gardens
- Various faith communities and churches