Be an Active Resident!
SERVE ON COMMITTEES:
Propel our neighborhood forward by joining a CNA committee!
- Land Use
- Living Green in Creston
- Fund Development
View our event calendar to find an upcoming committee meeting or event.
JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Do you have a deep commitment to our vision of a diverse community where all neighbors thrive? Consider joining CNA’s Board of Directors! Skills required include willingness to fundraise, help with events, and provide financial & visionary oversight of the organization. New Board Members are elected at the Annual Meeting in October.
Curious about what being a board member is like? Attend a board meeting! The board usually meets every 4th Thursday, except for November & December. Contact the board president with questions.
Earn college credit and build your resume with a meaningful internship!
Contact Megan Kruis for more information about internships and to submit resume and cover letter. Please reference the internship you’re interested in.
- Communications Intern – Help to create monthly e-newsletter in partnership with volunteers and staff, Communicate with committee leaders to secure text, photos and weblinks, Create content for Instagram account, Schedule and maintain #triviatuesday series, Write articles or text for blog, the Rapidian and/or print newsletter. Flexible hours. Unpaid / college credit.
- Fund Development Intern – Analyze organization’s giving data to help create goals and tactics for Giving Tuesday and Year End fundraising campaigns, Create Giving Tuesday campaign under direction of Executive Director and Fund Development chair, Organize year-end fundraising campaigns under direction of Executive Director and Fund Development Committee chair, Research potential funders. Flexible hours. Unpaid / college credit.
- Graphic Design Intern – Help create a cohesive package of images for CNA’s annual events: Annual Community Engagement Meeting, Perennial Exchange, Pancake Breakfast, Art Bash for Creston, Design posters, flyers, chopsheets and info sheets on a regular basis for large and smaller-scale events. Flexible hours. Unpaid / college credit.
- Database Management Intern – Enter new data as it is received from event sign-in sheets and donations received. Analyze data as needed to support fund development strategy and planning. Perform regular database maintenance so that records and mailing lists are accurate. Create instructions for others to effectively use the database to create lists, track down individuals, and enter new data. Flexible hours. Unpaid / college credit.
- Community Garden Intern – The community garden season runs March through October, but there’s plenty for an intern to do in the off-season as well! Advertise community garden spaces through CNA communications channels. Receive and process garden applications. Maintain communication with gardeners throughout season, including info about community work days and end-of-season clean up. Host 4 large volunteer groups for various garden maintenance tasks (ex: weeding community spaces, repairs to garden beds). Flexible hours. Unpaid / college credit.